Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Updated Face Mask Advice and Management
Updated advice on the wearing of face masks
As already communicated, students and staff have the choice of wearing face masks in the corridors and communal areas. However, we must ensure that face coverings when worn, are worn correctly. The following video identifies the correct way in which to wear a mask.
Additionally, if local restrictions apply then masks will become mandatory in communal areas and must be worn properly.
Suggestions below to consider
- Face coverings should be worn over the nose and mouth
- Face coverings should not be pulled down when speaking
- Face coverings should not be pulled down under the nose, under the chin or left hanging from an ear.
- Face covering must be washed with warm soapy water daily if they become dirty or wet, they should be put away until they can be cleaned.
- Face coverings worn on public transport and out public areas should not be worn in school. Students and staff will be expected to use clean face coverings during school times
- Face coverings in public areas, if disposable must be thrown away, or if reusable placed in a sealed plastic bag until they have left the academy premises.
- Face coverings, if disposed of on academy premises, must be disposed of responsibly and not left in classrooms on desks for other to pick up
- Face coverings must be removed during lesson time and at meal times and placed inside a resealable plastic bag until the end of the lesson or meal times.