Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Study Resources for Home Learning
We want you to be able to access as much support as possible while you are working from home. This page explains how we will make learning resources available to you.
One of our main concerns during any period of school closure is that students are not disadvantaged in their studies because of losing curriculum time. We have therefore devised different programmes for different years.
We are also compiling a home learning resources folder. If students have any issues accessing the online learning resources, please contact your teacher directly via email.
Y7 to Y10
All students in Year 7-10 will complete project-based assignments or online learning resources set by each department. All resources can be found in the link above which we will update regularly.
If students have any issues accessing the online learning resources, please contact your teacher directly via email.
Y11 to Y13
In addition to all the bespoke resources found in the link above, Y11 to Y13 students will also have access to live lessons and be in regular communication with their teachers via Microsoft Teams. Students have been shown how to access this programme but there are further instructions at the bottom of this page if required.
We also have included a range of useful websites for GCSE and A Level subjects below. We are in the process of updating these.
Useful websites - GCSE
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zcbchv4 - GCSE Bitesize for Literature and Language
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM2vdqz-7e4HAuzhpFuRY8w - Mr Bruff’s Youtube Channel – Really good lessons on all of the literature and language topics to watch and revise from
- https://www.litcharts.com/lit/macbeth - Lit charts on Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, Pigeon English
- https://www.sparknotes.com/ - More literature revision for the key texts
- https://www.sparknotes.com/nofear/shakespeare/macbeth/ - No Fear modern translations of all of Macbeth
- https://quizlet.com/en-gb - website full of interactive quizzes on language and literature topics
- https://www.youtube.com/ - to watch full film versions of Macbeth or ACC to consolidate knowledge, or shorter animated tales/summaries
- https://www.memrise.com/apps/ - Literature and quote revision
- https://www.senecalearning.com/ - English Revision site
- https://www.bl.uk/works/macbeth – British Library - Lots of resources, articles on the literature texts studied
- www.edmodo.com This should be year 11’s first point-of-call where they can access a wide variety of rich GCSE resources: Topic Based GCSE questions, AQA Topic Tests, GCSE Practice Set Papers, Churchill Papers (Grade 7-9) and AQA Revision grids
- BBC Bitesize
- KS4 Revision guides + workbooks
- AQA practicals - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=aqa+required+practicals&safe=active
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zgp6mnb - Weimar & Nazi Germany
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFQil7fsvemvnF3cmhnBFFQ - Crime and Punishment as well as other topics
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTCb921qBR4&safe=active – Plots against Elizabeth
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z4vMhY1EqE&safe=active – How to answer a 12 mark question
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ildG-hMf86A&safe=active – How to answer a 16 mark question
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1MhGayfuQ&safe=active – How to answer a 4 mark question
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDdeyxToNV6zYYwDuaqey6Q - EDEXCEL guidance for all questions
- Quizlet (HGAED)
- Duolingo's online Spanish language learning programme
- Notes, video tutorials and tests by BBC Bitesize
- Seneca Learning AQA Spanish
- Grammar activities on Lingolia
- Learning activities by spanishrevision.co.uk
- Various resources from languagesonline.org.uk
- Flash cards, quizzes and more from getrevising.co.uk
- Fast Past papers AQA Spanish
- Google search 'GCSE Spanish revision’
Podcasts and intermediate
- Coffee Break Spanish
- Habla con Eñe + Punto y Coma – free resources Habla Cultura
- News in Slow Spanish
- SBS Spanish
- Revisionworld.com (Business past papers)
- BBC bitsize.co.uk (Edexcel business)
- qualifications.pearson.com (Business exam material)
- BBC bitesize.co.uk (Edexcel computer science)
- qualifications.pearson.com (computer science exam material)
- Gojimo the vocabulary revision App
- BBC Bitesize Drama Revision, example exam questions and quizzes - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zdb6xyc
- Eduqas.co.uk. GCSE Drama Digital Resources Tools. Design.
- Edmodo.com, Seneca
- Rock & Pop – Trinity School
- Mrs Fisher Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUKrxp4BcJrGLzmqAhCjASg
- Media Insider: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGXfqzVEZr0XaZLWG3_HniA
- GCSE Media Revision: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMRPNoiqV7NkTEohDJR6KQA
- Fact Sheets from Eduqas: https://resources.eduqas.co.uk/Pages/ResourceSingle.aspx?rIid=950
Art and Design, Photography, Textiles
- Follow HGAED Art Department on Pinterest
- You tube Tate Shots for artist research
Physical Education/Sports Studies
PAPER1: understanding key concepts and processes of cultural transmission, families and education and research methods
Paper 2: social differentiation and stratification, crime and deviance and sociological enquiry and research methods
- To look at the specification and find practice exam papers: https://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/sociology/gcse/
- You can use this site to test your revision: www.quizlet.com
- Edmodo (our class code) is: syduep
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zbbw2hv (education, families and crime and deviance ONLY)
- https://www.senecalearning.com/ (there are sociology resources here)
- https://fluencycdn2.fluencycms.co.uk/FileCluster/BroomfieldSchool/MainFolder/From-April-2016/Revision-Support/Revision-gudie-Unit-1.pdf (this is for AQA but the content is largely the same)
- Online text book - https://illuminate.digital/aqapsychgcse/
Food Preparation and Nutrition
Useful websites - A level and Cambridge Technical Level 3
https://www.bl.uk/works/macbeth – British Library - Lots of resources, articles on the literature texts studied
Videos on youtube (highly recommended as a good way to revise)
- SnapRevise: The Ultimate Biology Resource
- Ryan Toal
- Bozeman Science
- Tutor2u.net AQA business
- SENECAlearning.com (AQA business)
- AQA.org.uk (A-level Business exam material)
- Times 100.com (A-level business case studies)
We are currently offering lessons and support through Microsoft Teams for students in Year 11,12 and 13. Students in Year 11 and 13 have a "live lesson" timetable while students in Year 12 will be assigned daily work. We will work to expand our offer via this platform in due course.
All students in Year 11,12 and 13 have had this system demonstrated to them and should be able to easily access the work.
However, in order to support them to access this area, below is some clear guidance of the steps needed.